Monday, May 14, 2012

How to Start

I'm not going to lie to you.  Having any food allergy really sucks - a lot.  And it's really hard to get started.  I cheated a lot when I started but now I'm totally gluten & dairy free (and feel much better and probably have three times as much energy!)  However, I didn't realize the benefits until much later into my year of experimentation.  It took me probably an entire year to get a hold of everything, so don't get discouraged right away.  

This is what I did- pick one meal, just 1, let's say breakfast, and figure out what you can eat.  I'll wait why you go get a pen and paper........

Breakfast Meal Option 1:  Fruit, 2 eggs, tea (this is what I eat every morning as I'm a creature of habit.)
Breakfast Meal Option 2:  Steak & eggs (i usually get this when I go out - ask for no dairy in your eggs though)
Breakfast Meal Option 3:  Oatmeal (just be careful if you're really sensitive to gluten- some oats are not GF)
Breakfast Meal Option 4:  GF french toast, soy butter & syrup (my great grandmother used to put jelly or raw sugar or powdered sugar on her french toast instead of syrup)
Breakfast Meal Option 5:  Betty Crocker GF Pancake Mix, soy butter & syrup  (Also, you want to watch your soy intake - everything in moderation- I play around with soy milk, almond milk and hemp milk)

If you still don't know what to do and just can't make yourself start feel free to email me or comment and I'll be your cheerleader.  Just remember one day, one meal at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment