Monday, March 19, 2012

Being sick sucks...

One week, a doctors visit, religious use of my neti pot, three gallons of o.j. and three different meds later I'm STILL sick.  Having Celiac when you're well sucks because you always have to pay attention to what you're eating.  But having Celiac when you sick sucks even more because you don't have the energy to constantly review what you're eating.  So, I enlisted the help of my friend, Progresso.  A lot of their soups are actually gluten-free.  They say so right on the back.  Made my trip to the grocery store fairly painless.

I also had some chicken in the freezer so I threw that in a pan, grab some chicken bouillon for stock and started some chicken soup.  Grab whatever veggies you have in your fridge, cut them up and saute them up a bit, throw them into the stock.  Cook your chicken mostly all the way through, but then throw them into the pot as well.  I like to throw some beans in mine and my mothers secret ingredient to her soup- stewed tomatoes.  I know it sounds weird, but try it, it's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment